[Digihubsadmin] some possibilities(?)

Stephen Hedges hedgesst at oplin.org
Thu Aug 14 12:14:07 EDT 2014

Yesterday, the IMLS released a Notice of Funding Opportunity for their FY2015 National Leadership Grants for Libraries, http://www.imls.gov/notice_of_funding_opportunity_fy2015_national_leadership_grants_for_libraries.aspx

>From the notes of the IMLS "National digital platform" meeting (http://www.imls.gov/assets/1/AssetManager/IMLSFocusNotes_NYC.pdf), I suspect that some of these grants will go toward expanding the DPLA hubs. Are there costs involved for the Digitization Hubs that might be covered by one of these grants?

I also had a meeting yesterday with Jeff Fruit and Nancy Lensenmayer from the KSU SLIS during which we talked a bit about the Digitization Hubs. I noted that this project does not really address digital preservation, but I have sensed some interest in more formally pursuing preservation; they were interested in a possible partnership if that happens, perhaps even within the context of a grant. (If I'm interpreting my notes from the 7/22 OhioDIG meeting correctly, Meghan Frazer from OhioLINK also mentioned digital preservation as one of their interests.)

I'll be the first to admit that almost all of this stuff is over my head, but I wanted to share these possibilities, for what they might be worth.

Stephen
--
Stephen Hedges, Director
2323 W. Fifth Ave., Suite 130, Columbus, OH 43204
614-728-5250  ::  hedgesst at oplin.org