[SOA] Fwd: NHPRC update

Janet Carleton carleton@ohiou.edu
Tue, 21 Jun 2005 12:25:25 -0400

--=====================_5928845==.ALT

Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2005 10:05:25 -0500
From: "Elisabeth Wittman" <Elisabeth.Wittman@elca.org>
Subject: To MAC, LHC, ELCA Network, and other friends:

To MAC, LHC, ELCA Network, and other friends:

There is renewed activity regarding the fate of the NHPRC.  For further
information on what is happening and how to help, check out the Society
of American Archivists web site:

http://www.archivists.org/news/nhprc-June2005.asp

Sorry for this blanket e-mail which may reach a few people twice.  I am
mainly sending this as a concerned citizen, but as Midwest Archives
Conference president, I would also urge you to send this to anyone you
feel has an interest and concern for archival programs throughout the
country.  Also, there is still an on-line petition drive that you can
join, too:  http://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeaction/589708324

Thanks for taking time to read this and hopefully to respond as
appropriate also!  Elisabeth

Elisabeth Wittman
Director for Archives and Chief Archivist
Evangelical Lutheran Church in America
321 Bonnie Lane
Elk Grove Village, IL 60007
Phone: 847-690-9410
FAX: 847-690-9502
E-mail: Elisabeth.Wittman@elca.org

Janet M. Carleton - <carleton@ohio.edu> - 740/597-2527
Digital Projects Librarian / Women's Studies Bibliographer
Mahn Center for Archives & Special Collections
Alden 504, Ohio University Libraries, Athens, Ohio
<http://www.library.ohiou.edu/>