[SOA] SOA Spring Meeting: Save the Date!

Angela O'Neal aoneal at ohiohistory.org
Tue Jan 10 09:08:02 EST 2006

Mark your calendar now! The Society of Ohio Archivists will hold its spring meeting April 19-21 at the Ohio Historical Center in Columbus. This year's theme is: "Moving Archival Basics into the Future: Tools and Technology Change but Fundamentals Still Apply." The meeting includes a pre-conference workshop on scrapbook preservation, a plenary by Max Evans, Executive Director of the National Historical Publications and Records Commission (NHPRC), and sessions on topics such as:
*	electronic records
*	creating finding aids
*	grants for archival projects
*	EAD
*	New technologies for archives

You can make a difference! Let us know if you have ideas for speakers on any of these topics, and/or thoughts on other session topics. We are still developing the program and would appreciate your feedback. Full session proposals are not required. Please send me an e-mail off the list with your suggestions by Friday, January 13.

Regards,
Angela

Angela O'Neal
SOA Program Chair, 2006
SOA Vice-President

Digital Projects Manager
Ohio Historical Society
1982 Velma Ave.
Columbus, OH 43211
(614) 297-2576

View our collections online:
African American Experience in Ohio (dbs.ohiohistory.org/africanam/)
Ohio Memory (www.ohiomemory.org)
Ohio Pix (www.ohiohistory.org/ohiopix)
War Gardens in Ohio (www.ohiohistory.org/garden)