[SOA] Archives Month 2007: Call for Poster Images

Angela O'Neal aoneal at ohiohistory.org
Wed Aug 8 10:34:44 EDT 2007

Ohio Archivists,

Archives Month (October 1-31, 2007) will be here before you know it. The
Archives Week Committee has been working hard on a poster, but they need
your help finding the best images. This year's theme is "Reunions:
Together in the Archives." The theme includes all kinds of events where
people are coming together-class reunions, military reunions, family
reunions, and community homecomings. The preliminary design for this
year poster is a scrapbook-photo album page with photographs and
ephemera "pasted" onto the page. In particular, we need images of:

*	Non-posed photographs-people interacting at a reunion
(participating in a pie-eating contest, candid shots of people talking,
etc.)
*	Ephemera (small enough to fit on a poster)-buttons, ribbons,
programs, nametags
*	Class reunions and family reunions
*	Other kinds of reunions

Institutions with images selected for the poster will be properly cited
on the poster. Once selected, we will need digital images at 400 dpi in
Tiff format for the printer. Before scanning, please e-mail me with your
ideas. Thanks for your help!

Angela

Angela O'Neal, SOA President
Digital Projects Manager