[SOA] Get Involved: Join us March 1 for Statehood Day

Angela O'Neal aoneal at ohiohistory.org
Sun Feb 18 17:38:45 EST 2007

Join fellow history lovers at the historic Ohio Statehouse in downtown Columbus on Thursday, March 1 to commemorate the founding of Ohio by advocating for the issues important to preserve our state's history. Join us at the Statehouse Atrium on Statehood Day from 10 am - 4 pm for special guest remarks, a luncheon and small-group meetings with state legislators. We'll set up all the meetings for you. All you have to do is show up!

Statehood Day is an excellent opportunity to get involved with SOA. It is a one-day commitment and provides experience for archivists looking to learn more about advocacy and the legislative process. Lunch will be provided for Society of Ohio Archivists members. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions about this event.

Please refer to the Statehood Day web page at www.ohiohistory.org/about/lu/sd.html for more information. If you have already registered, I thank you. Please RSVP to Todd Kleismit, Government Relations Coordinator at the Ohio Historical Society, by Thursday, February 22 at tkleismit at ohiohistory.org. We hope to see you on March 1st!

Sincerely,

Angela O'Neal

Vice-President, Society of Ohio Archivists

Angela O'Neal
Digital Projects Manager
Ohio Historical Society
(614) 297-2576

View our collections online: http://www.ohiohistory.org/resource/archlib/ <http://www.ohiohistory.org/resource/archlib/>

Join us as we celebrate athletic accomplishments and amazing events in the featured exhibit, Sports: Breaking Records, Breaking Barriers, developed by the Smithsonian's National Museum of American History, Behring Center, and the Smithsonian Institution Traveling Exhibition Service (SITES), at the Ohio Historical Center, Feb. 8, 2007 thru April 22, 2007. Audi is the exclusive national sponsor of the exhibition. Visit www.ohiohistory.org for details.

Ohio Historical Society   Connect with the past; Create a better future