[SOA] Volunteers Needed for History Day Judging

Angela O'Neal aoneal at ohiohistory.org
Sun Mar 30 12:13:13 EDT 2008

SOA Members,

Are you interested in getting more involved with SOA? Looking for a rewarding volunteer opportunity? We could use your help judging entries for the SOA Awards for use of primary sources at State History Day on Saturday, April 26th. SOA gives out two cash awards of $100, one in the junior division and one in the senior division, for the best use of primary sources. We have over 30 entries already, and expect to get even more on the day of the judging.

Judging for the awards starts at 11:00 and usually takes 2-3 hours. Lunch is included. If you are already registered to judge at History Day, you can judge morning events and then stay for the SOA Awards in the afternoon. The competition will be held at Columbus State Community College in Columbus. If you are interested in volunteering, please send me an e-mail and I will give you more details. More information about History Day in Ohio is available at www.ohiohistoryday.org <http://www.ohiohistoryday.org/>

Thanks,
Angela

Angela O'Neal
Digital Projects Manager