[SOA] New! CCAHA programs provide continuing education credits to Certified Archivists

Andrews, Kim Kandrews at ccaha.org
Thu Jun 11 10:28:08 EDT 2009

CCAHA teams with the Academy of Certified Archivists (ACA) to offer
continuing education credits (ARCs)

The Conservation Center for Art and Historic Artifacts (CCAHA) is proud
to offer Archival Recertification Credits (ARCs) to Certified Archivists
who attend its approved professional educational programming.  The
Academy of Certified Archivists (ACA), the professional certifying
organization for the archives field, has evaluated CCAHA's programs and
will award ARCs to eligible attendees of these programs.  ARCs are used
to maintain certification as an archivist.  Many CCAHA programs offer
two to ten credits that can be included in petitions for CA
certification maintenance. A current program list includes:

A Race Against Time: Preserving our Audiovisual Media
<http://guest.cvent.com/EVENTS/Info/Summary.aspx?e=1f784d82-9a05-4d14-bc
a5-9da86545c149> , July 29 & 30, 2009 - Denver, CO
10 ACRs

Focusing on Photographs: Identification and Preservation
<http://guest.cvent.com/EVENTS/Info/Summary.aspx?e=8ce68ab3-6dac-4cb4-ad
3b-ec8110133946> , September 22 & 23, 2009 - Philadelphia, PA
10 ACRs

A Race Against Time: Preserving our Audiovisual Media
<http://guest.cvent.com/EVENTS/Info/Summary.aspx?e=1ab44fbf-f482-4894-87
65-3ce15b9178ad> , October 20 & 21, 2009 - Atlanta, GA
10 ACRs

Environmental Management: Stewardship and Sustainability
<http://guest.cvent.com/i.aspx?5S,M3,479cdf23-3a93-4ac9-8b82-6518165f4b7
4> , November 12, 2009 - Philadelphia, PA
5 ACRs

All Collections Care Training
<http://guest.cvent.com/EVENTS/Info/Summary.aspx?e=9cc69c70-e532-40d2-86
90-6160b7025d7a>  programs, 2009 - Philadelphia, PA
2 ACRs

For more information and to register for CCAHA programs, go to the
Education Program Calendar at www.ccaha.org <http://www.ccaha.org/> .

The Academy of Certified Archivists (ACA) is a not-for-profit,
voluntary, independent accrediting agency. The ACA certifies
professionals in the archives field who have at least a master's degree
and a year of appropriate archival experience.   For more information
about the Certified Archivist requirements and the Academy of Certified
Archivists, go to www.certifiedarchivists.org
<http://www.certifiedarchivists.org/> .

Kim Andrews

Preservation Services Officer

CONSERVATION CENTER for Art and Historic Artifacts

264 S. 23rd Street

Philadelphia, PA  19103

215-545-0613 (phone)

215-735-9313 (fax)

kandrews at ccaha.org <mailto:kandrews at ccaha.org>

www.ccaha.org <http://www.ccaha.org>

Are you a member institution of the Conservation Center?  Click here
<http://www.ccaha.org/index.php/support/member>  to become a member and
take advantage of our great member benefits!