[SOA] Judges needed for SOA History Day Awards

Angela O'Neal aoneal at ohiohistory.org
Sun Mar 15 15:20:13 EDT 2009

SOA Members,
It's that time of year again! The Society of Ohio Archivists needs members to judge the annual SOA Awards at Ohio History Day on April 25th. SOA offers two $100 awards, one in the junior division and one in the senior division, to students demonstrating the best use of primary sources in their History Day projects. This is a great short-term volunteer opportunity for SOA and a chance to learn more about how students are using our collections in the classroom. It is also a lot of fun to see the kids so excited about history.

To volunteer, you will need to attend Ohio History in Columbus on April 25th. Volunteers usually judge the first round of History Day students in the morning and then select the SOA Award winners in the afternoon. Judges will receive lunch. More information about History Day is available at http://www.ohiohistory.org/historyday. If you are interested in judging the SOA Awards, please contact me off-list.

Angela

Angela O'Neal
Manager, Preservation and Access Services
(614) 297-2576
www.ohiohistory.org/resource/archlib/ <http://www.ohiohistory.org/resource/archlib/>

OHIO HISTORICAL SOCIETY   Connect with the past. Create a better future.

Due to recent cuts to state funding, the Ohio Historical Society will furlough its employees for the week of March 28-April 3, 2009.  As a result, OHS offices and select sites, including the Collections Division, will be closed during this time. The Preservation and Access Services department will reopen April 6th. We regret any inconvenience that this will cause. For more information about the furlough, please visit http://www.ohiohistory.org/sn/010509.html <http://www.ohiohistory.org/sn/010509.html>