[SOA] Final Conf. Call on Digitizing Historical Records Grants (NHPRC)

Louise Jones ljones at ohiohistory.org
Wed Feb 24 21:19:18 EST 2010

The National Historical Publications and Records Commission will hold
another conference call on Tuesday, March 2, 2010 at 3 pm EST to answer
questions about its Digitizing Historical Records grants.

In brief, these grants support: "proposals that use cost-effective
methods to digitize nationally significant historical record collections
and make the digital versions freely available online. Projects must
make use of existing holdings of historical repositories and consist of
entire collections or series. The materials should already be available
to the public at the archives and described so that projects can re-use
existing information to serve as metadata for the digitized
collection."
The full announcement is available here:
http://www.archives.gov/nhprc/announcement/digitizing.html.
Applications are due on June 3, 2010.  NHPRC staff will review drafts if
they are submitted by April 1, 2010.

If you are interested in participating, please send an email to me at
nancy.melley at nara.gov. I will send you the information on how to
participate.  We are limited to 30 participants in this call.

Nancy J. Melley
Director for Technology Initiatives
National Historical Publications and Records Commission
National Archives and Records Administration
202-357-5452

Lucy Barber, Ph.D.
lucy.barber at nara.gov
202-357-5306,  fax: 202-357-5914
Deputy Executive Director
National Historical Publications and Records Commission
National Archives and Records Administration
700 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW, Rm 106
Washington, DC 20408-0001