[SOA] Fwd: NHPRC Digitizing Historical Records Grants: Conference Calls 2/2 and 2/10

Janet Carleton carleton at ohio.edu
Mon Jan 11 12:40:31 EST 2010

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: NHPRC Digitizing Historical Records Grants: Conference Calls
2/2 and 2/10
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2010 11:47:41 -0500
From: Lucy Barber <LUCY.BARBER at NARA.GOV>
To: EAD at LISTSERV.LOC.GOV

The National Historical Publications and Records Commission will be hold
two conference calls to answer questions about its Digitizing Historical
Records grants. In brief, these grants support:
"The National Historical Publications and Records Commission seeks
proposals that use cost-effective methods to digitize nationally
significant historical record collections and make the digital versions
freely available online. Projects must make use of existing holdings of
historical repositories and consist of entire collections or series. The
materials should already be available to the public at the archives and
described so that projects can re-use existing information to serve as
metadata for the digitized collection."

The full announcement is available here:
http://www.archives.gov/nhprc/announcement/digitizing.html.
Applications are due on June 3, 2010.  NHPRC staff will review drafts if
they are submitted by April 1, 2010.
The times for the calls are: Tuesday, February 2, 2010
   3:00 PM (EST)
                                            Wednesday, February 10, 2010
           4:00 PM (EST)

If you are interested in participating, please send an email to
Christine Dunham at chistine.dunham at nara.gov indicating your first and
(if applicable) second choice. She will send you the information on how
to participate.  We are limited to 25 participants in this call.  If
there is sufficient interest, we will schedule another call.  We are
also holding conference calls on the Electronic Records Project grants
that will be announced shortly.

  Please forward this email to other appropriate mailing lists (such as
regional archival organizations, library communities, etc). This has
been sent to COSA, Archives & Archivists, and the EAD list.

Lucy Barber, Ph.D.
lucy.barber at nara.gov
202-357-5306,  fax: 202-357-5914
Deputy Executive Director
National Historical Publications and Records Commission
National Archives and Records Administration
700 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW, Rm 106
Washington, DC 20408-0001