[SOA] Fwd: CFP - Conference for students and beginning professionals

Janet Carleton carleton at ohio.edu
Wed Jan 27 11:15:52 EST 2010

Change and Continuity
A Conference for Students and Beginning Professionals on Archives, Rare
Books, and Special Collections

FINAL CALL FOR PAPERS!

Saturday, March 6, 2010
Bloomington, Indiana

Indiana University's student chapter of the Society of American
Archivists is proud to announce our second conference for students and
beginning professionals, to be held on Saturday, March 6, 2010 at the
Lilly Library and the Herman B. Wells Library in Bloomington, Indiana.

If you are a student in a library science, archives, or rare books
program or have entered the profession within the previous three years,
we invite you to submit your papers on topics related to archives, rare
books, or special collections for presentation at the conference. In
addition to paper sessions, the day-long conference will also include a
workshop.

Each paper session will be just under an hour and will include two
presenters. Each presenter will have approximately 20 to 25 minutes to
speak, and the session will conclude with a ten to fifteen minute period
for questions and answers.

To be considered as a presenter, please submit an abstract of 150 to 200
words and a working title for your paper to  iusaaconference at gmail.com
by *Monday, February 1, 2010*. Along with your abstract, please include
your name, email address, institutional affiliation, and any
audio/visual needs you may have.

The abstracts will be discussed and voted on in a blind judging process
and you will receive an acceptance or rejection by February 8, 2010.

If your paper is accepted, you will be sent a more detailed registration
form. At this time, you will also be asked to submit a registration fee
of $15 to cover your breakfast and lunch. More details about meals,
accommodations available in Bloomington, etc. will also be provided at
this time.

For more information on our previous conference, please visit
http://www.indiana.edu/~saarchiv/gradconference.html, and feel free to
send any questions you may have to iusaaconference at gmail.com.

We look forward to receiving your submissions!

Sincerely,

The Conference Committee