[SOA] Shelving Question

Susan Allen sallen at worthingtonlibraries.org
Tue Aug 30 15:04:39 EDT 2011

Good afternoon colleagues,

Someone from a local organization here in Worthington, OH with a small archive has contacted me for some advice on taking care of their collections. One thing he is interested in doing is purchasing some shelving, which I have not had experience doing. I know that it is recommended to buy non-corroding metal shelves; powder-coated or baked enamel rather than painted. Does anyone have a vendor (preferably in Central Ohio) you have used for shelving that you would recommend? Or is this something he should be able to get at Lowes or another similar store? Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks!

Sincerely,
Susan Allen
Director of Technology Services