[SOA] What tech would you recommend archives students learn?

Rickey, Lisa Pasquinelli lisa.rickey at wright.edu
Wed Aug 28 13:43:09 EDT 2013

Hello, all,

It's time for a shameless self-promotion of a blog post I just wrote, as well as a call for help.

I've been asked to speak to the Intro to Archives class here at WSU about "Technology in the Archives." Basically, what kinds of tech stuff should students be aware of before going out into the archives world?  What would you recommend future/new archivists learn about technology in the archives?  I have plenty of ideas, but I thought it would be helpful to ask for some other opinions.

That's really the gist of it, but if you want to hear me say more about it, you can check out my blog post : http://lisarickey.wordpress.com/2013/08/28/tech-in-the-archives-what-should-i-teach-them/.

I'm speaking to the class on November 6th. Thanks in advance for any suggestions you have.

Lisa

Lisa P. Rickey, MA, MLIS, CA
Archivist for Digital Initiatives & Outreach
Wright State University Special Collections & Archives
3640 Colonel Glenn Hwy., Dayton, OH 45435
(937) 775-3581
lisa.rickey at wright.edu<mailto:lisa.rickey at wright.edu>
http://www.libraries.wright.edu/special/
Blog: http://www.libraries.wright.edu/community/outofthebox/