[SOA] Library Leadership Ohio program

Wiener, Judith Judith.Wiener at osumc.edu
Mon Dec 2 09:45:49 EST 2013

Dear Colleagues:

I received the following message about the Library Leadership Ohio program and I encourage Society of Ohio Archivists members to consider applying for this extraordinary opportunity.

Sincerely,

Judith Wiener
SOA President

Dear Judith,

I'm writing to share information about Library Leadership Ohio, a program I believe will be of interest to the members of the Society of Ohio Archivists.

Library Leadership Ohio offers participants the opportunity to develop leadership skills, network and collaborate with their peers, and discuss issues important to the future of Ohio libraries. This unique program is facilitated by the nationally recognized consultants Ivy Library<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v1/url?u=http://www.ivylibrary.com/&k=ux7ohqYFcw1oDo0gOpSLlw%3D%3D%0A&r=W%2FsuYH1VNPYl8HDYSplSf%2FWQd8yaXsgyHJAf14uTops%3D%0A&m=q2vmn7KqzkdRoOt3wVBGD11HZTKid3poj6BASlN04LI%3D%0A&s=522340155bafc5a2fa6494c7de45440b2b01ccb80c58018a5384c67c440a1a05> (a division of The Ivy Group). This immersive three day program will shape future leaders for Ohio libraries, assist Ohio library staff in becoming leaders in the communities they serve, and provide the chance to work collaboratively on projects of important to Ohio libraries.

Library Leadership Ohio recognizes that individuals can "lead from any position". For that reason we would like to stress that any library staff member in any type of library is eligible to apply. All that's required is the desire to lead.  We expect many individuals will be ready to take the next step toward becoming an Ohio library leader. To assist in getting the word out about this opportunity we would appreciate if you could share information about this program with your members. Please feel free to reproduce and redistribute this information through any and all communication channels at your disposal.

Library Leadership Ohio

When: July 22 - 25, 2014
Where: Holiday Inn Worthington
Facilitators:  Ivy Library
Cost: $425.00
Applications are due:  December 16, 2013

You can find all of the details about Library Leadership Ohio, including the application, on the website at: http://www.libraryleadershipohio.org<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v1/url?u=http://www.libraryleadershipohio.org/&k=ux7ohqYFcw1oDo0gOpSLlw%3D%3D%0A&r=W%2FsuYH1VNPYl8HDYSplSf%2FWQd8yaXsgyHJAf14uTops%3D%0A&m=q2vmn7KqzkdRoOt3wVBGD11HZTKid3poj6BASlN04LI%3D%0A&s=5f531080c91a46e1ff2f203be422ad329e23842693438ae4e07362e2a4be4c8b>.

You won't want to miss this exciting opportunity. So, start working on your essays and request your letter of support from your supervisor or director today.

Questions about Library Leadership Ohio 2014 can be directed to Missy Lodge, mlodge at library.ohio.gov.

The State Library of Ohio, OHIONET, and OLC are collaborating to bring you the 2012 Library Leadership Ohio  LLO 2014 is funded in part by LSTA funds awarded to OHIONET by the State Library of Ohio.

Thank You,

Jeff Regensburger
On Behalf of Library Leadership Ohio

[cid:image001.png at 01CEEF43.1FB3D6D0]
Judith A. Wiener, MA, MLIS
Associate Professor
Assistant Director
Health Sciences Library Collections and Outreach
514 Prior Hall, 376 West 10th Avenue, Columbus, OH 43210
614-292-9273 Office / 614-292-9919 Fax
judith.wiener at osumc.edu<mailto:judith.wiener at osumc.edu> hsl.osu.edu<http://hsl.osu.edu>