[SOA] FW: National History Day in Ohio Call for Judges!

Carleton, Janet carleton at ohio.edu
Mon Dec 30 10:05:28 EST 2013

Judging NHD is an extremely rewarding experience! The quality of the submissions will blow you away.

SOA also offers an award at the state level (http://ohsweb.ohiohistory.org/soa/index.php?title=History_Day_Awards).

What is National History Day?
National History Day (NHD) is a highly regarded academic program for elementary and secondary school students.
Each year, more than half a million students, encouraged by thousands of teachers nationwide participate in the NHD contest. Students choose historical topics related to a theme and conduct extensive primary and secondary research through libraries, archives, museums, oral history interviews and historic sites. After analyzing and interpreting their sources and drawing conclusions about their topics' significance in history, students present their work in original papers, websites, exhibits, performances and documentaries. These products are entered into competitions in the spring at local, state, and national levels where they are evaluated by professional historians and educators. The program culminates in the Kenneth E. Behring National Contest each June held at the University of Maryland at College Park.
       --from http://www.nhd.org/About.htm

best, janet
Janet Carleton | Digital Initiatives Coordinator | OHIO University Libraries | 1 Ohio University | Alden 322 | Athens, Ohio | carleton at ohio.edu<mailto:carleton at ohio.edu> | 740-597-2527 | http://media.library.ohiou.edu/ | @jcarletonoh / @AldenLibDigital | http://pinterest.com/ohiodigiarchive/