[SOA] Voting is On for the 2013 "I Found It In the Archives" Contest

Lisa Wood lwood at ohiohistory.org
Fri Feb 8 21:49:22 EST 2013

Hello,

The finalists have been selected and voting is on to choose the winner of the 2013 “I Found It In the Archives” contest.  Go to the Ohio Historical Society Collections blog to read the finalists’ essays about their remarkable finds in the OHS archives, then vote for your favorite.  Voting is open until the close of business on February 26th and the winner will be announced on February 28th.  OHS will submit our winner’s essay to compete in the national competition sponsored by the Society of American Archivists.

Finalist One: http://ohiohistory.wordpress.com/2013/02/08/i-found-it-in-the-archives-contest-finalist-sharon-bowers/

Finalist Two: http://ohiohistory.wordpress.com/2013/02/08/i-found-it-in-the-archives-contest-finalist-doug-tracy/

Finalist Three: http://ohiohistory.wordpress.com/2013/02/08/i-found-it-in-the-archives-contest-george-e-biggs/

Vote: http://ohiohistory.wordpress.com/2013/02/08/vote-for-your-favorite-finalist-in-the-i-found-it-in-the-archives-contest/

The Society of American Archivists began the “I Found It In the Archives” program in 2006 to use social media to promote the value of archives and engage patrons.  Feel free to forward this message on!

Lisa Wood
Curator for Visual Resources
Ohio Historical Society