[SOA] Join us for Statehood Day 2014 at the historic Ohio Statehouse

Carleton, Janet carleton at ohio.edu
Tue Jan 14 14:51:47 EST 2014

From: Todd Kleismit [mailto:tkleismit at ohiohistory.org]
Sent: Monday, January 13, 2014 10:52 AM
To: Todd Kleismit
Subject: Join us for Statehood Day 2014 at the historic Ohio Statehouse

Good morning. You are cordially invited to join your fellow history advocates at our annual Statehood Day event<http://www.ohiohistory.org/statehoodday>, which will be held at the Ohio Statehouse on Thursday, February 27. The annual Statehood Day event is where the entire Ohio history community comes together to celebrate our state's birthday and to remind our local legislators about the importance of preserving history and emphasizing how history and preservation make Ohio a better place for people to live, work and raise their families.

This year's Statehood Day event<http://www.ohiohistory.org/statehoodday> features Erin Moriarty, an Ohio native and veteran reporter from CBS News, as our keynote luncheon speaker. The annual grant awards from the History Fund will be announced for several local history-related organizations. We will also introduce a new Ohio History license plate design and give our first-ever Ohio History Leadership Award - to State Senator Randy Gardner of Bowling Green. Here's how to join us for Statehood Day 2014:

1)      To get more information and to register: http://www.ohiohistory.org/about-us/advocacy/statehood-day
2)      After registering, call your state representative and/or state senator to schedule a 20-minute meeting sometime between 10 am and 11:30 on Thursday, Feb. 27 to advocate for Ohio history. Let us know if you need help.

We hope you can join us this year! Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Todd Kleismit
Ohio Historical Society
Director of Community & Government Relations
800 E. 17th Ave.
Columbus, OH 43211-2474
(614) 297-2355
(614) 774-5537 (cell)