[SOA] OhioDIG: Nov 19: What Do Users Want - registration open

Carleton, Janet carleton at ohio.edu
Fri Nov 14 13:29:54 EST 2014

Please join the Ohio Digitization Interest Group at our November meeting at 10am on Wednesday, November 19, 2014, at the Ohio History Connection.

Our discussion group meeting will include a presentation and discussion on "What Do Users Want: A Discussion"

Please RSVP by Mon 11/17, 5pm. Limited to 45. https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1lOmuE0_05QzRLMP7PAkcB_P1PaN2VBcCihBWgfJdPqo/viewform

Theme: "What Do Users Want: A Discussion"
Speaker: Andrew Schocket, director, American Culture Studies, assoc. professor of history and American culture studies, Bowling Green State University.
Schocket will report on results gathered from the Scholars' Dashboard project--a series of three workshops, teaming humanities scholars, librarians, and technologists in innovative application development to optimize use of humanities collections. The workshop produced technical requirements for a Scholars' Dashboard which might be considered for any online digital humanities repository. http://www.scholarsdashboard.org/

The second half of the presentation session will allow attendees to discuss their own experiences in reaching out to user communities to solicit feedback, how that data has been used to guide digital programs, and what opportunities remain to learn more about how we can better serve our users.

- Hosts: Lily Birkhimer & Jenni Salamon, Ohio History Connection
- Food: Coffee & cookies will be offered at the start of the meeting. Lunch will be brown bag.
- Cost: There is no fee for attending, but we will be accepting donations for the coffee kitty.

AGENDA
- 10:00-10:30 coffee social (coffee & cookies);
- 10:30-11:30 presentation and discussion on topic;
- 11:30-11:45 break;
- 11:45-1:00 brown bag lunch: all-attendee updates, "members" meeting, discussion;
- 1:15- optional: small group discussions (user groups, birds of a feather)

Site: Ohio History Center, 3rd floor, 800 E. 17th Ave. Columbus, OH 4321

Directions/Parking: Free onsite parking.

About OhioDIG: The Ohio Digitization Interest Group is an informal discussion group open to those with an interest in digitization in the archives/library/museum/historical society world.

Web: http://ohiodig.org/ - Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/OhioDIG/ - Sign up for Listserv: http://ohiodig.org/listserv.html - Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/ohiodig/

OHIO University Libraries

Janet Carleton | Digital Initiatives Coordinator | 1 Ohio University | Alden 322 | Athens, Ohio | 740.597.2527 | carleton at ohio.edu | http://media.library.ohiou.edu | http://twitter.com/jcarletonoh | http://twitter.com/AldenLibDigital  | http://ohiou-digital-collections.tumblr.com/ | http://pinterest.com/OhioDigiArchive/

The best student-centered learning experience in America