[SOA] SAA meeting request from LACCHA roundtable

Leslie Cade lcade at clevelandart.org
Thu Jan 8 11:56:42 EST 2015

Please see the request below and reply directly to Natalie:

My name is Natalie Baur and I am currently Sr. Co-Chair of the Latin American and Caribbean Cultural Heritage Archives (LACCHA) round table of the Society of American Archivists. My co-chair, Margarita Vargas Betancourt of the University of Florida, and I are going to be starting the planning process for the round table's annual meeting at the SAA conference in August, 2015 to be held in Cleveland. Last year we had invited guests join us in DC from Honduras, but this year we are exploring the possibility of involving a local participation at our meeting. During meetings, we usually have a short business session followed by talks or presentations by members and/or invited guest speakers to address topics of interest to the membership.
I thought to reach out to you to start getting a better idea of the kinds of Latino and Hispanic cultural heritage initiatives in the great Cleveland area, and if any libraries/archives are doing work on documenting this community in the area. We'd like to get an idea of folks that might be interested in sharing their work with us at LACCHA's meeting next year.
We look forward to hearing from you, and thank in advance for your input.
Best,
Natalie Baur
Archivist
University of Miami Libraries, Cuban Heritage Collection
2351 Douglas Road #909
Miami FL  33145
302-981-0432
nataliembaur at gmail.com