[SOA] Your Help is Needed to Protect the Ohio History Fund!

Nathan Tallman ntallman at gmail.com
Thu Apr 14 17:42:06 EDT 2016

Please see the very important message below, from Andy Verhoff!

*Good Afternoon, History Fund Review Panel “Class of 2016.”*  I’ll cut
right to the chase.  We need you to write to you state representative and
state senator on behalf on the Ohio History Fund tax check-off.  And we
need you to do it right away.

Tax check off recipients are down again this year, like they were last year
and it does not look like we’re going to cross our state-mandated $150,000
threshold for tax check-off contributions.  So, we’re taking a another
course.  We want our lawmakers to lower the threshold to $50,000 and to
lengthen the time we have to cross it from 2 to 5 years.

Please help!  Go to this link for a pre-fab (and very good) letter you can
email (or customize and email):

*Click Here to Advocate for the Ohio History Fund
<https://www.ohiohistory.org/about-us/community-and-government-relations?vvsrc=%2FCampaigns%2F45853%2FRespond%3FvvcgUT%3DuokBL3ltc3upZi3obTaRwA&unregistered=uokBL3ltc3upZi3obTaRwA&vvcgRD=B749tR8AzM6gqB3b&vvsbr=AenqeO4GkuiU1hnTLMuDVg>*

The point is to act fast.  Your History Fund grant is because of the Ohio
History Fund tax check-off.  We want to keep this program going for all of
Ohio’s history organizations.  Since 2012, we’ve make $448,000 in grant to
47 organizations, including yours.  However, we’ve received 225
applications for a total of $2.7 million!  Demand for History Fund grants
is strong, and the History Fund can only meet it with you help today.

And please feel free to forward this email WIDELY.

By the way, the photo is of our 2016 class of grant recipients, which you
made possible.  For a list of all History Fund grant recipients to date, click
here
<https://www.ohiohistory.org/preserve/local-history-services/history-fund/recipients>.

Thanks!

*Andy Verhoff | Ohio History Fund Grant Coordinator | Local History
Services*

Ohio History Connection | 800 E. 17th Ave. Columbus, Ohio 43211

p. 614.297.2341 | f. 614.297.2567  | *averhoff at ohiohistory.org
<averhoff at ohiohistory.org>*

<https://www.facebook.com/ohiohistoricalsociety>
<https://twitter.com/ohiohistory>

*Give to the Ohio History Fund on your state tax return.  Visit:**
ohiohistory.org/OHFund <https://www.ohiohistory.org/ohfund>*