[SOA] OhioDIG Mar 9 meeting - registration open - Digital Preservation: Tools & Storage

Carleton, Janet carleton at ohio.edu
Wed Feb 17 09:48:00 EST 2016

Please join the Ohio Digitization Interest Group at our March meeting at 10am on Wednesday, March 9, 2016, at the Ohio History Center.

Our discussion group meeting will include a panel discussion on the theme of Digital Preservation: Tools & Storage

Please register by Mon 3/7, 5pm. http://goo.gl/forms/OpuaESyqF8

Theme: Digital Preservation: Tools & Storage

Speakers:

- Deanna Ulvestad, head archivist<http://greenelibrary.info/research-tag/greene-county-room/>, Greene County Public Library

- Eira Tansey, digital archivist/records manager<https://www.libraries.uc.edu/arb/about/staff/tansey.html>, University of Cincinnati

- Sam Meister, preservation communities manager<https://educopia.org/staff/sam-meister> / Educopia Institute<http://educopia.org/>

Synopsis:

Eira will discuss how she is using a grab bag of tools, including some from BitCurator<http://www.bitcurator.net/>, to analyze and appraise university electronic records.

Deanna and Sam will discuss the MetaArchive Cooperative<https://www.metaarchive.org/>, a member-driven digital preservation network of more than 50 institutions, and describe the innovative organizational strategies and the technical infrastructure of the Cooperative.

- Hosts: Lily Birkhimer & Jenni Salamon, Ohio History Connection

- Food: Coffee & cookies will be offered at the start of the meeting. Lunch will be brown bag.

- Cost: There is no fee for attending, but we will be accepting donations for the coffee/cookie kitty.

AGENDA

- 10:00-10:30 coffee social (coffee & cookies);

- 10:30-11:30 presentation and discussion on topic;

- 11:30-11:45 break;

- 11:45-1:00 brown bag lunch: all-attendee updates, "members" meeting, discussion;

- 1:15- optional: small group discussions (user groups, birds of a feather);

Site: Ohio History Center, 3rd floor, 800 E. 17th Ave. Columbus, OH 43211

Directions/Parking: Free onsite parking. See https://www.ohiohistory.org/visit/ohio-history-center

Sub/unsub from the List at http://ohiodig.org/listserv.html

Ohio Digitization Interest Group - http://ohiodig.org/
| Regional Events Calendar: http://ohiodig.org/calendar.html | Meetings: http://ohiodig.org/meetings.html | Resources: http://ohiodig.org/resources.html |

Social Media: Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/OhioDIG/ | Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/ohiodig/ | Twitter: https://twitter.com/hashtag/ohiodig

About OhioDIG: The Ohio Digitization Interest Group is an informal discussion group open to those with an interest in digitization in the archives/library/museum/historical society world. We meet every other month in central Ohio (Jan, Mar, May, Jul, Sep, Nov).
Janet Carleton | Digital Initiatives Coordinator | Ohio University Libraries | 1 Ohio University | Alden 322 | Athens, Ohio | 740.597.2527 | carleton at ohio.edu<mailto:carleton at ohio.edu> | http://media.library.ohiou.edu | http://twitter.com/jcarletonoh | http://twitter.com/AldenLibDigital  | http://ohiou-digital-collections.tumblr.com/ | http://pinterest.com/OhioDigiArchive/