[SOA] OLC Technical Services Retreat 2016

Jo Anne Schiefer schiefjo at tiffinsenecalibrary.org
Wed Jan 27 14:13:24 EST 2016

Registration is open for Link to the Future : the 2016 Technical Services Retreat!<https://olctsd.wordpress.com/2016/01/21/registration-is-open-for-link-to-the-future-the-2016-technical-services-retreat/>
by olctsd<https://olctsd.wordpress.com/author/olctsd/>

The OLC Technical Services Division's biennial Retreat will take place  March 31 and April 1, 2016, at the Nationwide Hotel and Conference Center. The Retreat's theme this year is "Link to the Future" and we are excited to have keynote speaker Bobby Bothmann. Visit the OLC site for details and registration information<http://olc.org/prof_dev_TechServRetreat16.php>. The Technical Services Division Action Council is happy to be return to a great venue, and we have a slate of programs and speakers we are proud to offer. The format of the Retreat -- where the participants and speakers stay for the entire length of the conference and have opportunities to network and socialize -- is unique and we're sure you'll be glad you attended. But don't take our word for it. Here are some comments from attendees at the 2014 retreat:
"The workshop format is so beneficial. I recommend that you retain it. Also, the accessibility of the presenters for questions outside of the presentations was great!" --Lisell Drake, GPO, Washington, D.C.
"I really enjoyed the venue! Great to have comfortable seating and the use of a table. Great speakers and topics as well!" --Lisa McPeek, Denison University Library
"The organizers struck the right balance of big picture and focused, practical topics" --Sevim McCutcheon, Kent State University Libraries
"The event was amazing! Hotel and staff were awesome! Great sessions with a lot of information ; I learned a lot, and had a lot of fun too! Thank you OLC! The food was outstanding! A great event overall!" --Linda Berry, Portsmouth Public Library
"I really liked the conference center. It was easy to get to, attractively designed, comfortable, affordable, and [the food was] delicious." --Alyssa Briggs, Dayton Metro Library
"This was my first OLC TSD retreat, and I loved this facility. I hope we can come here again. Also, Battledecks was a lot of fun!"  --Wendy Bartlett, Cuyahoga County Public Library

Jo Anne Schiefer

Technical Services Manager

Tiffin-Seneca Public Library

77 Jefferson Street