[SOA] online classes on preservation and digitization

Annie Peterson Annie.Peterson at lyrasis.org
Thu Sep 29 09:49:49 EDT 2016

This October, LYRASIS is offering many online classes on digitization and preservation, including a new class on digital preservation. In "Digital Preservation Toolbox: An Introduction<https://www.lyrasis.org/Pages/EventDetail.aspx?Eid=1507C1AE-9C68-E611-80CF-00155D0A8824>" participants will learn about a range of free, simple tools for basic management of digital collections. Different tools will be demonstrated, with discussions of how the tools can help any size institution, with any level of technical capability, preserve digital content.

To register and view the full class schedule visit https://www.lyrasis.org/Pages/events.aspx

October classes:

Oral Histories: Care and Preservation from the Start 10/4
https://www.lyrasis.org/Pages/EventDetail.aspx?Eid=94E21146-F348-E611-80CF-00155D0A8824

Loaning and Borrowing Special Collections 10/6
https://www.lyrasis.org/Pages/EventDetail.aspx?Eid=D126886A-F348-E611-80CF-00155D0A8824

Introduction to Dublin Core Metadata 10/11
https://www.lyrasis.org/Pages/EventDetail.aspx?Eid=D0A6A597-4850-E611-80CF-00155D0A8824

Introduction to Preservation Metadata 10/12
https://www.lyrasis.org/Pages/EventDetail.aspx?Eid=E1E06363-C958-E611-80CF-00155D0A8824

Digital Collection Policy Development and Content Selection / Prioritization 10/13
https://www.lyrasis.org/Pages/EventDetail.aspx?Eid=9410E0BB-4850-E611-80CF-00155D0A8824

Advanced Preservation Metadata: How to Make it Happen 10/19 and 10/20
https://www.lyrasis.org/Pages/EventDetail.aspx?Eid=805B9608-CA58-E611-80CF-00155D0A8824

Outsourcing Audiovisual Digitization 10/25 and 10/27
https://www.lyrasis.org/Pages/EventDetail.aspx?Eid=E57B1DE7-156E-E611-80CF-00155D0A8824

Digital Preservation Toolbox: An Introduction 10/26 *New Class*
https://www.lyrasis.org/Pages/EventDetail.aspx?Eid=1507C1AE-9C68-E611-80CF-00155D0A8824

Coming up in November:
Practical Digital Preservation on a Shoestring: Triage for the Underfunded
Introduction to Preservation
Introduction to Audiovisual Digitization
....and more!

Please let me know if you have any questions about our upcoming classes.

Best,

Annie

Annie Peterson
Preservation Services Librarian