[SOA] I Found It In the Archives Contest

Elise Kelly via OHIOARCHIVISTS ohioarchivists at lists.oplin.org
Fri Apr 28 08:33:07 EDT 2017

The SOA Advocacy & Outreach Committee is encouraging repositories across the state to participate in the annual "I Found It In the Archives" contest. This contest is a collective effort to reach out to individuals who have found their records, families, heritage, and treasures through the collections in our repositories.
Ask your patrons, your friends, and people you've met to share their stories of discovery. Set up a contest, select the best entries, and allow others in the online world to vote for their favorites. Local winning entries should be submitted to Ken Grossi, ken.grossi at oberlin.edu<mailto:ken.grossi at oberlin.edu>, by August 1, 2017. Your local winner will join others in the state competition, culminating in late August.
The winner of the state competition will have an opportunity to share their story at the Fall OHLA/SOA meeting in October 2017.
This is a great opportunity to promote your collections through your website, blog, and social media sites. Each person who clicks on your repository's website learns about your repository and what you do! This is a great outreach tool! Customizable forms and promotional material can be found on the SOA website, http://www.ohioarchivists.org/<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.ohioarchivists.org_&d=DwMGaQ&c=2VZYbtYJv2D8M43KsrFplYR_K_qvRt8ALW9zIemmNsU&r=96N2Xln1tQ5ybaNCzz0QYaogkbhQB0zpLS4WDkRpin8&m=KI78mykjUzzEy0Vam31ShLBtYKw8WSKKKbjqDnSbkBg&s=k5yVtCVQtRhlsfXzxj-aw-YmagaKUH-MUjdIkM6iBrg&e=>
Thanks and have a good weekend!

Elise Kelly
Co-Chair SOA Advocacy & Outreach Committee