[SOA] Survey for job search

Collette McDonough cmcdonough at kettering.org
Fri Sep 7 17:01:59 EDT 2018

Hello all,

I will be giving a webinar on looking for a job in the archival field.  I was hoping that I could get a little input from my fellow Ohio archivists. Please share stories and advice for those currently in the market for a job.  Feel free to answer all of the following questions or only one. Please note that all submissions your name will be kept private.  Thanks is advance.

  1.  What job search tools do you recommend?
  2.  As a someone that is hiring, what do you most value in an interviewee?
  3.  Do you have a funny interview story?  This could be as the interviewer or the interviewee.
  4.  What advice to do you have for someone that is starting a new job?
  5.  General job search advice.

Sincerely,

Collette

Collette McDonough
Archivist and Library Manager
Kettering Foundation
937-853-8373

[/Users/cmcdonough/Library/Containers/com.microsoft.Outlook/Data/Library/Caches/Signatures/signature_1657567337]