[SOA] Federal Gov't Budget

George Bain bain at ohio.edu
Mon Feb 10 20:30:36 EST 2020

Ohio Colleagues,

FYI, the following comes from an email message distributed today by the
National Humanities Alliance:

Earlier today, President Trump released his Presidential Budget Request
for FY 2021. Once again, the president has proposed the orderly shutdown
of the National Endowment for the Humanities and the Institute for
Museum and Library Services and zeroed out the budgets for the National
Historical Publications and Records Commission and the Department of
Education’s Title VI and Fulbright-Hays programs.

In past years, we have built strong support in Congress to defeat
President Trump’s budget proposals. We are confident we can do this once
again with your advocacy. Members of Congress need to hear from their
constituents about the value of federal funding for the humanities.

As NHA indicates, things usually get restored mostly. But we need to be
ready should there be call for action later in the year.

George