[OPLINLIST] Immigration Research in the Cincinnati Area

GCLC gclc@gclc-lib.org
Tue, 21 Oct 2003 11:38:09 -0400

--------------040005050505040105040505

*This announcement has been posted to several lists.  Our apologies for
any duplication.

    On Tuesday, December 2nd, 2003 from 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at the
GCLC Office (Directions to GCLC
<http://www.gclc-lib.org/about/directions.html>), Patricia Van Skaik,
Manager of the History and     Genealogy Department of the Public
Library of Cincinnati and Hamilton County will be presenting
*Immigration Research in the Cincinnati Area*.
    Patricia holds both a Master of Science in Library Science and
Master of History degree. She is a regular contributor to Ohio
Genealogical Society Hamilton County Chapter publications and is author
of several articles and books. Patricia is also a lecturer at the
national and state levels, specializing in census, immigration, Civil
War and German genealogy.
    Part I Researching German Ancestors in Libraries, Part II Latest
Techniques in Immigration Research.  Both segments will focus on
materials in the area, including large collections like the Public
Library of Cincinnati and Hamilton County, but also under-utilized
standard resources found in many libraries in the Tri-State. The second
session will explore resources in area libraries as well as those
available for free and for a fee online.

*Member Cost:* $30.00

*Non-Member Cost:* $65.00

The deadline to register is Tuesday, November 25th, 2003

--------------040005050505040105040505

<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
apologies for any duplication.<br>
**************************************************************************************</b></p>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; On Tuesday, December 2nd, 2003 from 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at the
GCLC Office (<a href="http://www.gclc-lib.org/about/directions.html">Directions
to GCLC</a>), Patricia Van Skaik, Manager of the History and &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
Genealogy Department of the Public Library of Cincinnati and Hamilton
County will be presenting <b>Immigration Research in the Cincinnati
Area</b>.<br>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Patricia holds both a Master of Science in Library Science and
Master
of History degree. She is a regular contributor to Ohio Genealogical
Society Hamilton County Chapter publications and is author of several
articles and books. Patricia is also a lecturer at the national and
state levels, specializing in census, immigration, Civil War and German
genealogy.<br>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Part I Researching German Ancestors in Libraries, Part II Latest
Techniques in Immigration Research.&nbsp; Both segments will focus on
materials in the area, including large
collections like the Public Library of Cincinnati and Hamilton County,
but also under-utilized standard resources found in many libraries in
the Tri-State. The second session will explore resources in area
libraries as well as those available for free and for a fee online.</p>

--------------040005050505040105040505--