[OPLINLIST] 20th Virginia Hamilton Conference-KSU

CAROLYN S BRODIE cbrodie@kent.edu
Tue, 28 Oct 2003 17:00:35 -0500 (EST)

THE VIRGINIA HAMILTON CONFERENCE=20
ON MULTICULTURAL LITERATURE FOR YOUTH

Celebrating 20 years!  The 20th Annual Virginia Hamilton Conference on=20
Multicultural Literature for Youth will be held on Thursday, April 1 &=20
Friday, April 2, 2004 at the Kent State Student Center.  The conference=20
provides a forum for discussion of multicultural themes and issues in=20
literature for children and young adults.  This year's conference=20
Celebrating Creative Minds features Linda Sue Park, Jackie Woodson,=20
Bryan Collier and Doreen Rappaport.  The conference will continue with=20
its expanded format - our Thursday evening program will feature a=20
keynote address by the 6th Annual Virginia Hamilton Literary Award=20
winner, Arnold Adoff,  Jamie Adoff, Vince Robinson and the Jazz Poets,=20
an autographing session, and a dessert reception.  A variety of local=20
and national speakers will present workshop sessions on Friday. =20
Friday's conference agenda will again include a =93conversation" session=20
with two featured presenters. Register early=97the conference reaches=20
capacity quickly! To register, contact the College of Continuing=20
Studies at (330) 672-3100 or (800) 672-KSU2. Or register via our Web=20
site: kentstatecontinuinged.com.  For more information visit the=20
conference Web site: http://www.kent.edu/virginiahamiltonconf

 =20

 Carolyn S. Brodie, MSE, MLS,=20
MEd, PhD