[OPLINLIST] Happy Earth Day from NewsBank

Don Yarman yarmando@oplin.org
Thu, 22 Apr 2004 08:07:23 -0400

WHAT IS THE CURRENT CONDITION OF OUR ENVIRONMENT?

A New Special Report focusing on Our Environment is now available from
NewsBank in time for Earth Day..

Every day new information is reported on the condition and issues facing
the
environment in all areas of the world.  The NewsBank Special Report Site
-
Our Environment will help you cover this topic relative to your location
and
other places throughout the world.

Background information covering several decades is included to help you
understand the origin of today's important environmental issues.

The Our Environment site contains current and historical information
organized into topical areas including:
*	Global Warming
*	Earth Day
*	Biodiversity
*	Land, Air, Water
*	Energy
*	Environmental Policy and Education
*	Important web site links

In addition, pictures and suggested search terms for additional research
are
included.  Each day, new articles will be added to help you follow these
issues.

NewsBank has always been committed to providing libraries with the best
coverage of important issues and events.

In addition to OUR ENVIRONMENT, the following other NewsBank Special
Report
Sites continue to be available:
*	Iraq with coverage of the most up-to-date information on the
current
turmoil and our government's position
*	Terrorism
*	Presidential Campaign 2004
*	Ocean Policy
*	Infectious Diseases
*	Black History

All sites are accessible at infoweb.newsbank.com along with your
NewsBank
products.

Watch for the release of other Special Report Sites.  Suggestions for
future
sites are welcome.

Mary Greto
Newsbank, Inc.