[OPLINLIST] What's New on NetWellness

Kishman, Charles (kishmacp) KISHMACP@UCMAIL.UC.EDU
Tue, 3 Aug 2004 16:27:29 -0400

What's New on NetWellness- August 3, 2004

Children's Health - August's Feature

Keeping the kids happy and healthy can be a full time job. Between bruises,
scrapes, coughs, and sneezes it can sometimes be overwhelming. Who can you
turn to for personalized information? NetWellness! Our experts have you
covered no matter what your health information needs. Let NetWellness be
your partner in better health care for you and your family.

Department of the Month - Psychiatry, The Ohio State University College of
Medicine and Public Health

The Department of Psychiatry at The Ohio State University has a full time
faculty of more than 30 psychiatrists, psychologists and basic scientists
engaged in research, clinical work, and teaching of medical students and
post-graduate students. In addition, it has over 100 clinical adjunct
faculty engaged in various education activities.  The Department has a
residency program in adult psychiatry and a fellowship program in child and
adolescent psychiatry.

Faculty are recognized nationally and internationally for their
contributions to the study of  Stress and its multiple effects on the Immune
System, Pharmacogenomics, Mood Disorders in Children and Adolescents,
Developmental  Disorders, as well as other psychiatric disorders.

The OSU Harding Psychiatric Hospital located on the main OSU campus is the
primary site for clinical, research and training activities within the
Department of Psychiatry. It has the most comprehensive array of psychiatric
services in central Ohio including inpatient, partial hospitalization,
outpatient, emergency psychiatry, and consultation liaison programs.  It was
listed as one of the best psychiatric hospitals in the nation by the US News
and World Report in 2003.

NetWellness experts answer 24,000 questions

Robert D. Newcomb, O.D., M.P.H., F.A.A.O., Professor of Clinical Optometry,
in the College of Optometry at The Ohio State University recently answered
the 24,000th question for NetWellness, titled "Changing Colors", through the
anonymous, confidential, and free "Ask an Expert" service. Nearly 300 health
care faculty members from the three universities, University of Cincinnati,
Case Western Reserve University, and The Ohio State University, answer the
public's health-related questions through the "Ask an Expert" service.
Faculty members from the universities volunteer to answer questions
submitted through "Ask an Expert" and respond to all valid questions.

New Expert in Ear, Nose and Throat Disorders

NetWellness welcomes Michael J Wolfe, MD, Assistant Professor in the
Department of Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery of the College of
Medicine at the University of Cincinnati. Dr. Wolfe has a special interest
in head and neck oncology and will be answering your questions in the Ear,
Nose and Throat Disorders area of NetWellness joining our respected team of
experts in this area.

NetWellness Mourns Long Time Expert's Passing

Janet Trigg, R.N., M.S.N., Ed.D., Associate Professor, Emeritus in the
College of Nursing at the University of Cincinnati and an expert in the
Breast Cancer area of NetWellness area since its inception.  Dr. Trigg's
expertise, but more importantly, her passion for helping those in need will
be missed by us all.

Let Us Know How We're Doing

We are always trying to improve to meet your needs. What do we do well? What
can we do to better fit your needs? Please send your comments through our
"Feedback" feature and we'll get them into the right hands. Thanks again for
using NetWellness!

About NetWellness

NetWellness is a non-profit consumer health Web site that provides high
quality information created and evaluated by health professions faculty at
the University of Cincinnati, Case Western Reserve University, and The Ohio
State University. Started in June 1995, NetWellness was one of the first
health sites on the Internet.