[OPLINLIST] CourseRegistration program is now freeware

Bill b.hudgins@lanepl.org
Wed, 11 Feb 2004 05:59:30 -0500

Hello from The Lane Libraries:

Any of you who attended the OLC Right Click sessions last year may dimly remember a presentation I gave on CourseRegistration6, a web-based program that lets patrons register for classes or events.  The developer has now released this software as freeware (formerly a budget-busting $35.00).  Patrons can self-register, or you can restrict it to staff-assisted mode, and in the latest release, overbooking is allowable or preventable for any class or event.

We're been using it on our IIS server for two years for computer lab class registrations, AARP tax assistance appointment bookings, and free Spanish classes.  Other uses would include any type of program where you need to have people sign up in advance.

The website for further information is http://robotutor.com/ and the link is "free stuff".  This is not cross-posted to OplinTech: I prefer word-of-mouse.

Cheers!

Bill Hudgins
Lane Libraries  Technology Trainer