[OPLINLIST] Paging patrons for computer appointments

Don Yarman yarmando@oplin.org
Thu, 19 Feb 2004 08:48:32 -0500

Dear Library Land--

I know that many libraries have sign-up/waiting lists
for their computers, and that it is a struggle to
let patrons know whose turn it is.  I'd be interested
in hearing what methods you use to manage this and
how you think it's working out for you.  Does anyone
use a delicatessen-style "Now Serving Number ___?"
How about vibrating pagers?  Have you had any success
with automated Internet booking applications?

If responses are sent to me, I'll summarize them for
the list, but I think a public discussion of this
would be interesting.

     Your most humble and obedient servant,

                          Don Yarman
                          OPLIN Library Services Manager