[OPLINLIST] Paging patrons for computer appointments

Linda Baker bakerli@oplin.org
Thu, 19 Feb 2004 10:00:25 -0800 (PST)

Hi - How do you handle a situation where person A
finishes before his allotted time and person B (next
in line) has left the building until his allotted
time?  Would you let person C take his turn and
squeeze person B in when he returns for his assigned
time?  Would you let the assigned computer remain idle
until person B returned?  We don't use any kind of
paging system, but do have problems with people being
absent when they are next in line for a computer.
We'd be interested in knowing how other libraries
handle this situation.
Thanks.

=====
Linda Baker