[OPLINLIST] acquisition

J. Wyatt Ehrenfels jwyattehrenfels@yahoo.com
Fri, 9 Jul 2004 10:02:50 -0700 (PDT)

I'd like to respectfully submit a suggestion for
acquisition, a book I feel weaves the most enduring
aspects of fact, fiction, theory, and symbol:

"Fireflies in the Shadow of the Sun"

(fact-based thriller about one researcher's struggle
to pursue the truth about dreaming against the
academic and professional culture of modern
Psychology)

Hello. I am social psychologist and student advocate
Wyatt Ehrenfels. You may know me from my expedition
into the dreams of terminally ill cancer patients
(http://www.fireflysun.com/book/summary.php)...

...but at the request of my publicist, I have been
introducing myself to members of the student community
in advance of my cable access TV appearances to inform
them that I have recently published Fireflies in the
Shadow of the Sun (http://www.fireflySun.com)...

...While my cancer research addressed the relationship
between the mind and body, this epic thriller
addresses the relationship between dreaming and waking
experience and the opposition of psychology professors
to students and colleagues who want to study this
phenomena, and other frontier-size phenomena, in a
university setting...

...Woven into an odyssey/expose, real political
imbroglios, real dreams, real dream research, and real
synchronistic events were ripped from the diary of the
author and others who want to make the point that
Psychology policies, procedures, and prejudices are
currently counterproductive to an adequate exploration
of the human condition...

...While I understand these events may not interest
you as a book, I am confident you will find the
campaign itself, featured at this web site
(http://www.fireflySun.com/news.html) rather
entertaining.