[OPLINLIST] MORE Project Manager Elected NAFDUG Vice President

Jane Byrnes JBYRNES@SLOMA.state.oh.us
Thu, 15 Jul 2004 13:53:40 -0400

Angela Thomas, MORE Project Manager, was elected vice president of the North
America Fretwell Downing Users Group (NAFDUG) at the ALA Conference in
Florida in June 2004.

NAFDUG represents all groups of libraries, public, school, academic and
special located in North America who use the Fretwell Downing software.
Members include:  Ontario Council of University Libraries, University of
California, Colorado State Library, Wyoming State Library, State of
Wisconsin Libraries, Access Pennsylvania, Minnesota's MNLINK, and Two
Consortium in NY.

The function of the group is to represent their users by:
*	Giving new enhancement recommendations to Fretwell for future
changes to new releases of the software;
*	Communicating any existing problems that could be corrected;
*	Giving input on how future releases are rolled out;
*	Giving input on Fretwell Downing company processes which affect
staff who configure the software to make sure it works for the end user;
*	Receiving communication on future releases and what's included.

This helps MORE because our users' input is represented at these meetings.
A special group of users within Ohio has volunteered to be on a committee to
give input on future enhancements and the new roll out of version 2.7 coming
in the Fall.

As Vice-President, Ms. Thomas will support the President in her role.  As an
executive committee member, she will assist with setting up, communicating,
and running all future NAFDUG meetings.  She will help in the decision
making as to whether a special user meeting needs to be called.  Ms. Thomas
will also insure that Fretwell has followed up and incorporated all
suggestions given by NAFDUG.  Ms. Thomas will serve as President next year.

According to Ms. Thomas, "As Vice-President, I would hope to have an inside
connection for the MORE users on communication from Fretwell.  I will
continue to be a major voice for Ohio and will  represent enhancements for
the Ohio MORE users."