[OPLINLIST] Dealing With Unacceptable Behavior In Libraries - July 22nd

GCLC gclc@gclc-lib.org
Tue, 22 Jun 2004 10:37:33 -0400

--------------000808010205040803000301

*This announcement has been posted to several lists.  Our apologies for
any duplication.
*

    Dealing With Unacceptable Behavior In Libraries

      http://www.gclc-lib.org/ce/index.html?id=403

Thursday, July 22nd, 2004

      Time:

1:00 - 3:30 p.m.

      Location:

GCLC Office (Directions to GCLC
<http://www.gclc-lib.org/about/directions.html>)

      Speaker:

Officers Dave Ferimer and Robert Wood, The Ohio State University

Here's your opportunity to have an afternoon of fun as you learn how to
handle difficult situations and patrons. "Fun?" Yes, fun! Officers
Ferimer and Wood present this difficult subject matter with humor and
understanding. This workshop will cover things like law enforcemnt
procedures, observation and perception, legal issues from the Ohio
Revised Code and common state and local violations in libraries, and
safety. There will be time for Q&A at the end of the program.

Officers Ferimer and Wood presented this workshop at the Ohio Library
Support Staff Institute (OLSSI) in August, 2003. Here's what attendees
had to say about the session: "This was great fun and far more
informative than I expected. Very amusing and eye-opening." "Way
exceeded expectations. Officers Wood & Ferimer were delightful!" "I
could have listened to them for another 2 1/2 hours."

      Member Cost:

$20.00

      Friend of GCLC Cost:

$20.00

      Non-Member Cost:

$40.00

The deadline to register is Monday, July 19th, 2004

--------------000808010205040803000301

<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
<title></title>
<title></title>
<title></title>
<b>This announcement has been posted to several lists. &nbsp;Our
apologies for any duplication.<br>
****************************************************************************<br>
</b>
<h2><font color="#006666">Dealing With Unacceptable Behavior In
Libraries</font></h2>
</h3>
<h3>Date:</h3>
<h3>Time:</h3>
<h3>Location:</h3>
to GCLC</a>)</p>
<h3>Speaker:</h3>
<h3>Description:</h3>
your opportunity to have an afternoon of fun as you learn how to handle
difficult situations and patrons. &#8220;Fun?&#8221; Yes, fun! Officers Ferimer and
Wood present this difficult subject matter with humor and
understanding. This workshop will cover things like law enforcemnt
procedures, observation and perception, legal issues from the Ohio
Revised Code and common state and local violations in libraries, and
safety. There will be time for Q&amp;A at the end of the program.
Officers Ferimer and Wood presented this workshop at the Ohio
Library Support Staff Institute (OLSSI) in August, 2003. Here&#8217;s what
attendees had to say about the session: &#8220;This was great fun and far
more informative than I expected. Very amusing and eye-opening.&#8221; &#8220;Way
exceeded expectations. Officers Wood &amp; Ferimer were delightful!&#8221; &#8220;I
could have listened to them for another 2 1/2 hours.&#8221; <br>
<h3>Member Cost:</h3>
<h3>Friend of GCLC Cost:</h3>
<h3>Non-Member Cost:</h3>

--------------000808010205040803000301--