[OPLINLIST] DVD Security Cases

Weinstein, Robin RWeinstein@gcpl.lib.oh.us
Fri, 1 Apr 2005 14:40:54 -0500

Hi, Everyone,

We switched to Amaray DVD security cases last year, but our staff are =
now experiencing wrist, elbow, shoulder, and hand pain associated with =
opening the individual cases at check in and using the universal key to =
remove the security strips at check out.

I would like to know what other libraries have experienced this problem, =
what alternatives you investigated, and how you resolved it. Also, do =
you have 3M or other security gates?

We previously used Kwik cases but switched to the Amaray cases as a =
space-saving measure.

Robin Weinstein
Head Librarian
Fairborn Community Library
1 E. Main St.
Fairborn, OH 45324
Voice: (937) 878-9383, Ext. 201
Fax: (937) 878-0374
<mailto:rweinstein@gcpl.lib.oh.us>

"If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always =
gotten."