[OPLINLIST] Poetry about school subjects...

Barb Scott barbarascott1956@yahoo.com
Thu, 21 Apr 2005 10:22:06 -0700 (PDT)

--0-1807773525-1114104126=:60335

I have a middle school librarian who is looking for poetry on different school subjects (computers, history, etc.)  She is planning to have teacher who teach different subjects read a poem that pertains to their area.  She has out several of our Kalli Dakos books, but is not coming up with what she wants.

We searched several other books on our poetry shelves today but didn't come up with anything.  She seemed to think that possibly Shel Silverstein had such a book, but wasn't sure.

Has anyone else had a similar request or can you point me toward some books that may have
those types of poems in them?

You can replay directly to me at barbarascott1956@yahoo.com

Thanks!
Barb Scott, Children's Librarian
Bucyrus Public Library

http://mail.yahoo.com
--0-1807773525-1114104126=:60335

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on">
<TBODY>
<TR height="100%" width="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on">
<TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">
<DIV>I have a middle school librarian who is looking for poetry on different school subjects (computers, history, etc.)&nbsp; She is planning to have teacher who teach different subjects read a poem that pertains to their area.&nbsp; She has out several of our Kalli Dakos books, but is not coming up with what she wants.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>We searched several other books on our poetry shelves today but didn't come up with anything.&nbsp; She seemed to think that possibly Shel Silverstein had such a book, but wasn't sure.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Has anyone else had a similar request or can you point me toward some books that may have</DIV>
<DIV>those types of poems in them?</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>You can replay directly to me at <A href="mailto:barbarascott1956@yahoo.com">barbarascott1956@yahoo.com</A></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Thanks!</DIV>
<DIV>Barb Scott, Children's Librarian</DIV>
<DIV>Bucyrus Public Library</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV></TD></TR>
<TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1">
<TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
--0-1807773525-1114104126=:60335--