[OPLINLIST] New Online Exhibit: War Gardens in Ohio

Angela O'Neal aoneal@ohiohistory.org
Wed, 27 Apr 2005 11:16:39 -0400

The Ohio Historical Society announces a new online exhibit titled, =
"Every Garden A Munitions Plant: War Gardens in Ohio, 1917-1945." The =
exhibit features documents, photographs, and historical materials from =
the Ohio Historical Society's collections. It examines the role of =
vegetable gardening in food production and homefront patriotism during =
World War I and World War II. A physical exhibit in the Archives/Library =
Registration Area will open in May. View the online exhibit at: =
http://www.ohiohistory.org/garden
You are invited to submit garden photos of your gardens for publication =
on the Web site. Photos will include your name and a caption. The =
exhibit also includes a series of printable recipe cards, based on =
war-time recipes found in OHS collections, and a victory garden template =
that can be printed and used to plot your own garden. Submit your photos =
at: http://www.ohiohistory.org/garden/yourphotos.html
The online exhibit was created in conjunction with the Society's new =
exhibition "Ohio's Garden Path: The Flowering of Our Landscape." The =
exhibition, which runs through 2007 at the Ohio Historical Center, =
examines the nation's most popular leisure-time activity from a =
perspective of 200 years of change. More information about the =
exhibition is available at: =
http://www.ohiohistory.org/etcetera/exhibits/ogp/  Please do not =
hesitate to call or e-mail me if you have any questions.=20
Angela O'Neal
Digital Projects Manager
Ohio Historical Society
1982 Velma Ave.=20