[OPLINLIST] Ohioana Library launches new website

Linda Hengst LHENGST at sloma.state.oh.us
Tue Dec 6 11:16:52 EST 2005

Dear Librarians,

It is now official!

The Ohioana Library is proud to announce that its website has been
redesigned, improved and officially moved from OPLIN to a new host. Our
address is www.ohioana.org.  Of course, we will gradually add more to
the site, but I believe that you will find it rather complete.

The nomination forms for all of our Ohioana Awards can easily located
and downloaded. Lists of previous award winners can be searched and
printed out.  A slide show of photographs taken at Ohioana Day can be
viewed.

Information about our collection of books, sheet music, and biographical
files, as well as some of the special items in the collection can be
found.

The index for the most recent Ohioana Quarterly and material contained
in earlier issues are included on the site.

We would welcome your suggestions for additions and special features.
Please share our new web site address with friends, family, colleagues,
and, of course the users of your library.

We very much appreciate the service that OPLIN (Ohio Public Library
Information Network) has provided to us over the past years. We are also
very grateful to Gretchen McBeath who volunteered her time and expertise
to design and create our new site.

 HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO EACH OF YOU.
 Most Sincerely,

Linda R. Hengst
Executive Director
Ohioana Library Association
274 E. First Ave. - Suite 300
Columbus, OH 43201

ph: 614-466-3831
fax: 614-728-6974
email: lhengst at sloma.state.oh.us

The mission of the Ohioana Library Association is to: recognize and
encourage the creative accomplishments of Ohioans, preserve, and expand
a permanent archive of books, sheet music, manuscripts, and other
materials by Ohioans and about Ohio, and disseminate information about
the work of Ohio writers, musicians, and other artists to researchers,
schools, and the general public.