[OPLINLIST] Collaborative Support for Distance Learners -- Moderated Discussion - Nov 22

GCLC gclc at gclc.org
Sun Dec 11 21:28:25 EST 2005

*This announcement has been posted to several lists.  Our apologies for
any duplication.
*

    Collaborative Support for Distance Learners -- Moderated Discussion

http://www.gclc.org/ce/viewevent.php?id=594

      Date

Tuesday, November 22nd, 2005

      Time

2:00 p.m. - 3:30 p.m.

      Location

GCLC Office

      Speaker(s)

Tanzi Merritt Sutton, Director of Library and Information Services,
Gateway Community and Technical College

      Description

Libraries are increasingly working with an invisible patron whose needs
defy the normal bounds of library services. Distance learning has
created a shift in the way that we must relate to some of our patrons,
and distance learners don't see or observe the boundaries between
libraries that traditional students do. Do you have questions about how
to work collaboratively with other libraries to serve the needs of these
patrons? This discussion will provide ideas for working with these
patrons and ways that we can work together to make the job easier for
everyone.

      Meal

No meal is provided with this event.

      Member

Free, but registration is requested

      Friend of GCLC

Free, but registration is requested

      Non-Member

$10 donation to GCLC

The deadline to register is Monday, November 21st, 2005