[OPLINLIST] Marketing Your Library - January 20

GCLC gclc at gclc.org
Fri Dec 16 13:59:29 EST 2005

*This announcement has been posted to several lists.  Our apologies for
any duplication.
*

    Marketing Your Library

http://www.gclc.org/ce/viewevent.php?id=705

      Date

Friday, January 20th, 2006

      Time

9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.

      Location

GCLC Office

      Speaker(s)

Anne K. Abate is the Executive Director of the Greater Cincinnati
Library Consortium and an adjunct faculty member at the University of
Kentucky and Xavier University. This workshop is derived from a graduate
marketing course taught during 2005 for the University of Kentucky
School of Library and Information Science.

      Description

Marketing for libraries is more important than ever. Libraries need to
learn to draw patrons, entice funders, investigate their competitors,
and improve services. But marketing is more than flyers and newsletters.

In this hands-on workshop, we will review the key concepts of the
traditional marketing cycle as used in business and then apply these
concepts to libraries and other information service organizations.
During the day, we will sketch out the main sections of a marketing plan
for your library or information center.

This workshop will allow you to develop the ability to think in
marketing terms about all aspects of your organization.

      Meal

Continental Breakfast and Lunch

      Member

$35 (one voucher may be used to pay for this event)

      Friend of GCLC

$35

      Non-Member

$75

The deadline to register is Wednesday, January 18th, 2006