[OPLINLIST] assistance needed

Carol Cobbs cobbsca at oplin.org
Tue Dec 20 09:50:32 EST 2005

A friend needs some insight from public librarians before purchasing a security system.  Her posting to the school librarians listservs has not provided the information she needs.  If you have any experience that would be helpful to her, please email her directly.

Thanks for your help.

Carol Cobbs
Columbiana Public Library

Her request:

We are building a new library and are looking at security systems. We currently have a 3M system that uses the Tattle-Tapes.

Does anyone have a 3M RFID system?  If so, are you happy with it?  Do you  use the self -check system?  Did you have any system before?  If you  converted from the Tattle-Tape system, how did it go? How do the systems
 work together?

Thanks.

Janet Kell, Librarian
Jackson High School