[OPLINLIST] Wireless Networks and Hotspots in Libraries - Feb. 23

GCLC gclc@gclc-lib.org
Wed, 02 Feb 2005 09:58:13 -0500

--------------020107000703010301090306

*This announcement has been posted to several lists.  Our apologies for
any duplication.

*

    Wireless Networks and Hotspots in Libraries

http://www.gclc-lib.org/ce/viewevent.php?id=466

Wednesday, February 23rd, 2005

      Time:

9:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.

      Location:

GCLC Office

      Speaker:

Glen Horton
GCLC Technology Coordinator

-What is a wireless network?
-What is the difference between 802.11a, 802.11b, and 802.11g?
-What is Bluetooth?
-How secure are wireless networks?
-How can my library benefit from wireless technology?

Join GCLC as we answer these questions and look at other aspects of
wireless networking and its use in libraries. Participants will get
hands-on experience with wireless hardware/software and its configuration.

Discussion topics will include:
-Comparison of different types of wireless networks
-Planning, installation, and configuration
-Security considerations and recommendations
-Library specific issues and uses
-Helpful Resources

A Box Lunch will be provided.

      Meal:

A Box Lunch will be provided.

      Audience:

Library technology staff interested in learning about the why's, what's,
and how's of implementing wireless networks.

      Member:

$45.00

      Friend of GCLC:

$45.00

      Non-Member:

$95.00

Registration is limited to 10 participants

The deadline to register is Friday, February 18th, 2005

--------------020107000703010301090306

<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
<title></title>
<title></title>
<title></title>
<b>This announcement has been posted to several lists. &nbsp;Our
apologies for any duplication.<br>
****************************************************************************<br>
</b>
<h2><font color="#006666">Wireless Networks and Hotspots in Libraries</font></h2>
 href="http://www.gclc-lib.org/ce/viewevent.php?id=466">http://www.gclc-lib.org/ce/viewevent.php?id=466</a><br>
<h3>Date:</h3>
<h3>Time:</h3>
<h3>Location:</h3>
<h3>Speaker:</h3>
GCLC Technology Coordinator</p>
<h3>Description:</h3>
-What is the difference between 802.11a, 802.11b, and 802.11g?
-What is Bluetooth?
-How secure are wireless networks?
-How can my library benefit from wireless technology?
Join GCLC as we answer these questions and look at other aspects of
wireless networking and its use in libraries. Participants will get
hands-on experience with wireless hardware/software and its
configuration.
Discussion topics will include:
-Comparison of different types of wireless networks
-Planning, installation, and configuration
-Security considerations and recommendations
-Library specific issues and uses
-Helpful Resources
A Box Lunch will be provided. </p>
<h3>Meal:</h3>
<h3>Audience:</h3>
what's, and how's of implementing wireless networks.</p>
<h3>Member:</h3>
<h3>Friend of GCLC:</h3>
<h3>Non-Member:</h3>

--------------020107000703010301090306--