[OPLINLIST] Best Practices in Web Development - January 13

GCLC gclc@gclc-lib.org
Mon, 03 Jan 2005 16:44:50 -0500

--------------060506040104060800010508

*This announcement has been posted to several lists.  Our apologies for
any duplication.

*

    Best Practices in Web Development

http://www.gclc-lib.org/ce/viewevent.php?id=465

Thursday, January 13th, 2005

      Time:

9:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.

      Location:

GCLC Office

      Speaker:

Glen Horton
GCLC Technology Coordinator

Web editing software has made it very easy for just about anyone to
create a web site. However, web editors can't do everything for you.

Join us as we look at current best practices in developing and
maintaining standards-compliant web sites. We'll look at current
standards such as XHTML, CSS, XML, PNG, WAI, and Section 508. Whether
you are designing a site from scratch or revamping an existing one, this
workshop is for you!

In this workshop, you will learn about:
- Making your site compliant with current web standards
- Making your site accessible to everyone
- Transitioning or creating your site from scratch
- The future of the Web and how to plan for it now
- Tools and resources for developing/maintaining your site

      Meal:

A Box Lunch will be provided.

      Audience:

A general familiarity of HTML is assumed.

      Member:

<http://www.gclc-lib.org/ce/register.php?a=selectmember&id=465&rate=cost1>]

      Friend of GCLC:

<http://www.gclc-lib.org/ce/register.php?a=formreg&id=465&rate=cost3&addattendee=Y>]

      Non-Member:

<http://www.gclc-lib.org/ce/register.php?a=formreg&id=465&rate=cost2&addattendee=Y>]

Registration is limited to 10 participants

The deadline to register is Monday, January 10th, 2005

--------------060506040104060800010508

<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
<title></title>
<title></title>
<title></title>
<b>This announcement has been posted to several lists. &nbsp;Our
apologies for any duplication.<br>
****************************************************************************<br>
</b>
<h2><font color="#006666">Best Practices in Web Development</font></h2>
 href="http://www.gclc-lib.org/ce/viewevent.php?id=465">http://www.gclc-lib.org/ce/viewevent.php?id=465</a><br>
<h3>Date:</h3>
<h3>Time:</h3>
<h3>Location:</h3>
<h3>Speaker:</h3>
GCLC Technology Coordinator</p>
<h3>Description:</h3>
create a web site. However, web editors can't do everything for you.
Join us as we look at current best practices in developing and
maintaining standards-compliant web sites. We'll look at current
standards such as XHTML, CSS, XML, PNG, WAI, and Section 508. Whether
you are designing a site from scratch or revamping an existing one,
this workshop is for you!
In this workshop, you will learn about:
- Making your site compliant with current web standards
- Making your site accessible to everyone
- Transitioning or creating your site from scratch
- The future of the Web and how to plan for it now
- Tools and resources for developing/maintaining your site</p>
<h3>Meal:</h3>
<h3>Audience:</h3>
<h3>Member:</h3>
 href="http://www.gclc-lib.org/ce/register.php?a=selectmember&amp;id=465&amp;rate=cost1">Register</a>]</p>