[OPLINLIST] Specialized interfaces

Don Yarman yarmando.oplin@gmail.com
Wed, 13 Jul 2005 07:36:07 -0400

EBSCO has been putting a lot of development work into creating
customized interfaces for some of its specialized subject
content.  The first of these is a very clean and usable interface
to Business Source Premiere.

They have also just released the Student Research Center,
which brings together several EBSCO products -- including
Newspaper Source, MAS Ultra, Health Source Consumer
Edition, and TOPICSearch -- into a single interface designed for=20
the research needs of students in grades 6-12.

>From within libraries, you can view these new interfaces by
visiting http://search.epnet.com.  Links to the Business
Searching Interface and the Student Research Center should
be at the bottom of the page.  (If they are not, please contact
the OPLIN Support Center so these can be added to your
library's EBSCO customer profile).

Next week, I will change OPLIN's link to Business Source
Premier so that it uses the new interface.  Over the next few
months, I will work with OPLIN's Content Advisory Committee
to incorporate the Student Resource Center into the list of
OPLIN databases:  this will probably involve the removal of
links to some, not all, of the duplicate products (like MAS
Ultra and Middle Search Plus).=20
--=20
                  Don Yarman
                  2323 West 5th Ave, Suite 130; Columbus OH 43204
                  614.728.5252 | 614.728.5256 (fax)
                  yarmando@oplin.org | AIM: yarmando