[OPLINLIST] Food Options in Libraries

Georgiana huizenge@oplin.org
Tue, 7 Jun 2005 13:01:47 -0400

Hi, Brenda,
We originally did not allow food anywhere in the library, but after thinking
about it, we realized that we didn't forbid small children from having
bottles or "sippy cups."  Now we just ask patrons not to sit at the
computers with food or drinks.  So far, it hasn't really been a problem.
Georgi Huizenga, Harris-Elmore Public Library
----- Original Message -----
From: "Charny, Brenda S." <BCharny@gcpl.lib.oh.us>
To: <oplinlist@oplin.org>
Cc: "Charny, Brenda S." <BCharny@gcpl.lib.oh.us>
Sent: Tuesday, June 07, 2005 12:34 PM
Subject: [OPLINLIST] Food Options in Libraries

I am interested to hear from any libraries who:

Allow food and drinks to be brought into their library reading rooms,
computer areas, etc.?
Have you experienced any problems?
Has clean-up been an issue?

Would anyone who has food services (cafe, vending machines, coffee carts)
share information about their experiences?
Does your library or Friend's group arrange this service?

You may respond to the list or if you wish to e-mail me directly, send
response to bcharny@gcpl.lib.oh.us

Thank you,
Brenda Charny