[OPLINLIST] Policies needed per unacceptable bodily hygiene

Marlene Pelyhes mpl_marlenep@yahoo.com
Wed, 11 May 2005 07:56:00 -0700 (PDT)

--0-575950187-1115823360=:18155

Hello,

Does your library have a policy that addresses unacceptable bodily hygiene?

I was wondering how you handle patron instances of very stinky, have to hold your breath patrons in your public internet area.

Jacksonville Public Library policy states:

"Maintain acceptable bodily hygiene. If bodily odor is offensive enough to constitute a nuisance to other people, the customer shall be required to leave the building."

I have heard that a patron sued a Cleveland area library and won when he/she was banned from using the library for unacceptable bodily hygiene since it is an infraction his rights to get library service.   I would appreciate any feedback on this issue.

Thanks,
Marlene Pelyhes
mpl_marlenep@yahoo.com

 Make Yahoo! your home page
--0-575950187-1115823360=:18155

<DIV>Hello,</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Does your library have a policy that addresses unacceptable bodily hygiene?</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I was wondering how you handle&nbsp;patron instances of very stinky, have to hold your breath patrons in your public internet area.&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Jacksonville Public Library policy states:</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>"Maintain acceptable bodily hygiene. If bodily odor is offensive enough to constitute a nuisance to other people, the customer shall be required to leave the building." </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I have heard that a patron sued a Cleveland area library and won when he/she was banned from using the library for unacceptable bodily hygiene since it is an infraction his&nbsp;rights to get library service.&nbsp;&nbsp; I would appreciate any feedback on this issue.&nbsp; </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Thanks,</DIV>
<DIV>Marlene Pelyhes</DIV>
<DIV><A href="mailto:mpl_marlenep@yahoo.com">mpl_marlenep@yahoo.com</A></DIV><p>