[OPLINLIST] Reminder: Ohio Memory Contest deadline May 16

Angela O'Neal aoneal@ohiohistory.org
Thu, 12 May 2005 11:32:06 -0400

The deadline for entries in the Ohio Memory Online Scrapbook contest for =
students in grades K-12 has been extended to Monday, May 16, 2005. =
Students can build their own scrapbooks and have them"published" in the =
Ohio Memory Online Scrapbook (www.ohiomemory.org). The contest is a =
great way to build technology skills while learning about history. =
Winners will be announced Friday, May 27, 2005.
Once you have created a scrapbook on Ohio Memory (www.ohiomemory.org), =
enter the contest online at: http://www.ohiomemory.org/contest.html. =
Ohio Memory project staff will judge submissions and select a winner in =
each of the four categories (Kindergarten-3rd grade, 4th-6th grades, 7th =
and 8th grades, high school). Individuals or groups of up to 3 students =
may enter. Winning scrapbooks will be posted in the Exhibits section of =
Ohio Memory. View last year's winners at: =
http://www.ohiomemory.org/contest_winners.html
The overall first place winner will receive a free family membership to =
the Ohio Historical Society. The History Lover family level membership =
admits 4 adults and their children under 21 years of age. The membership =
also gives the owner free admission to all 60 OHS sites, free parking, a =
subscription to our quarterly award winning magazine, TIMELINE, a =
subscription to the bi-monthly membership newsletter, Echoes, 10% =
shopping discount at any of our gift shops, 10% facility use rental =
discount, free or reduced admission to Society events and programs, and =
membership in Time Travelers program. Second and third place winners =
will receive Ohio Memory bookmarks and posters for their class. Please =
do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions.=20

Angela O'Neal
Digital Projects Manager
Ohio Historical Society
1982 Velma Ave.=20