[OPLINLIST] Thanks for Your Help: Airplane Stumper

Maggie Bollar bluedogbooks@yahoo.com
Mon, 23 May 2005 17:48:19 -0700 (PDT)

--0-1520576056-1116895699=:60487

Good Evening,

I wanted to thank everyone who responded to the P40 reference stumper.  One librarian let me know that the MAPS Air Museum in the Akron-Canton area HAS a P40.  She provided contact information, I called, and the Executive Director of the Air Museum had some volunteers crawl into the cockpit today and measure it.

He emailed the dimensions to me, and I just called the family.  They were thrilled to receive the information, and it came just in time, as the assignment is due Tuesday morning.

The library community continues to amaze me - how helpful and skillful you are!

Today I had a different patron who needed the cockpit dimensions of yet another plane, one of the old spy planes, but I was able to determine that the Wright Patterson Air Museum actually had that specific model on display, so she's going to contact them directly.

Sincere thanks,
Maggie Bollar
Children's Librarian / Webmaster
New Carlisle Public Library
www.new-carlisle.lib.oh.us

--0-1520576056-1116895699=:60487

<DIV>Good Evening,</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I wanted to thank everyone who responded to the P40 reference stumper.&nbsp; One librarian let me know that the MAPS Air Museum in the Akron-Canton area HAS a P40.&nbsp; She provided contact information, I called, and the Executive Director of the Air Museum had some volunteers crawl into the cockpit today and measure it.&nbsp; </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>He emailed the dimensions to me, and I just called the family.&nbsp; They were thrilled to receive the information, and it came just in time, as the&nbsp;assignment&nbsp;is due Tuesday morning.&nbsp; </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>The library community continues to amaze me - how helpful and skillful you are!</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Today I had a different&nbsp;patron who needed the cockpit dimensions of yet another plane, one of the old spy planes, but I&nbsp;was able&nbsp;to determine&nbsp;that the Wright Patterson Air Museum actually had that specific&nbsp;model on display, so she's going to contact them directly.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Sincere thanks,</DIV>
<DIV>Maggie Bollar</DIV>
<DIV>Children's Librarian / Webmaster</DIV>
<DIV>New Carlisle Public Library </DIV>
<DIV><A href="http://www.new-carlisle.lib.oh.us">www.new-carlisle.lib.oh.us</A></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
--0-1520576056-1116895699=:60487--